I try very hard to avoid buying useless things, especially since I have a three year old who seems to be intent on owning every useless thing she can get her little paws on. Being a self-professed treehugger, I try to consume as little as possible.. (Try is the key word here...) So I was as shocked as anyone else when I became intrigued enough by the "As Seen On TV PedEgg" to buy one. I do have horribly calloused feet and have never done anything about it except for the two pedicures my sister's have talk me in to. I convinced myself that I deserved this little indulgence...this little piece of useless crap. But here it is the catch...it isn't useless! I am completely addicted to it! I can't believe (and prepare to be grossed out here) the piles of sand-like dead skin that I have removed from the bottom of my feet!
Now, let me make a disclaimer here: I am not a high maintenance person. You can even ask my hubby. He has been known to brag about how low maintenance I am. I don't wear make-up or perfume (scary chemicals!), I use Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap as body wash and shampoo (parabens scare me!), my husband cuts my hair (money savings), and a good number of my clothes are either cast offs from my sisters or from Good Will (better for the environment! money saving! excellent cause!). So, I am completely shocked by how much I LOVE how silky smooth my feet are becoming. I find myself peeking at my heels throughout the day and admiring how smooth, clean, and shiny they are! I feel so vain!
So, I am coming out of the closet. I love my little piece of plastic that is probably going to end in a land fill somewhere therefore making my footprint a little bit bigger. However, when my little Ped Egg hits the end of the road, I promise I will recycle it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Get new blog!!
Thank's for checking out my blog....I'm going to add you to my favorite blogs list and keep-up with you.
Best of luck!
Post a Comment